DIY

Refashion your Denims, What I got up to This Week!

08:32



Okay ,today I'm sharing the simple yet effective Denim Refashions 
I did this week! 
The first refashion I did was on a favourite pair of jeans.



What I used for this:

  • Matching coloured embroidery thread
  • Scissors
  • A large needle

Being a rather short figured person I need to take most of my jeans up. The problem though with taking jeans up is that if they have a nice finish on the bottom leg seam you lose it when you cut off the extra length of the jeans. I wore my shortened jeans for a while but the unfinished look isn't my style. To make them look better and finished I got some embroidery thread that matched the thread used in the rest of the jeans, a large needle and did two simple straight stitches along the bottom of the jeans. 



Note: I split the embroidery thread in half so that I only used 
three strands of thread for the stitch and not all six.




The next refashion I did was to add a little something special 
to one of my favourite and comfy denim skirts 
while also adding a bit more length to it.



What I used for This:
  • Matching cotton lace (or you could use a contrasting colour)
  • Scissors
  • Sewing machine set for regular straight stitch
(you could also hand stitch if you don’t have a machine)

I firstly picked a I thought would match the denim colour so it wouldn't look like 
a tack on job but add something special. 
The lace I used had a pre-done non fray edge so it was very simple to sew on.
I folded one end of the lace over and ironed it down. I then pinned it in place starting with the folded end. 






Note: make sure that the unfinished side of the folded lace will be on the inside of the skirt.


Once the lace was pinned in place I set my sewing machine to a comfortable 
straight stitch setting and sewed on the lace. 


When I had sewed to the end I cut away the extra lace leaving just enough lace 
to finish this end the same as the other end, folding it in.



For the last step I sewed the two folded ends down making it look properly finished 
while also ensuring it will not fray on the ends.




Well now you know a little of what I got up to in my sewing room this week. 
I hope you all have a great weekend and have been blessed by this post.



God bless,Anita

www.godzgear.blogspot.com.au 


















You Might Also Like

0 comments

We hope that you found this post helpful. If you have any questions or would like to leave a comment, please feel free....

SUBSCRIBE

Like us on Facebook

Godzgear Inspiration Delivered Personally into Your Inbox

View previous campaigns.